18 September 2010

garage sales suck.

today i was working my garage sale and a lady came to me and ask for a price on two things. true, fair value on both items was a total of about $10, but in the spirit of yard sales i quoted $2 for both. she looked me straight in the eye and said, "how 'bout $1." i immediately caved and agreed. then, before i had realized what was happening the lady was in her car and off down the street... leaving me with... less.. than..one dollar. really?



(yes, it's half a dollar).


this is why i hate garage sales.

6 comments:

Greg said...

Ouch!

tobetti said...

Ugh. What a brat. I feel you, athough I do love haggling!

brie said...

Reading this in sacrament meeting & totally cackling out loud. On the bright side, should still be worth $1 as long as the face is still on it...
That's not the point though, is it?

Michelle said...

That is SO lame. SO LAME. Can't believe you had a garage sale without me!

rachel ramsay said...

i needed you michelleee! you are truly the yard sale queen.

Stef said...

amazing. at least you can be glad your life doesn't suck as much as that lady's apparently did! :)